Cycling and Skiing News and Stories from the Gunnison Valley

Cycling and skiing news and stories from the Gunnison Valley

Friday, September 9, 2011

CTR: Playing Catch Up

Okay, so I've been completely neglecting this blog.  Guilty as charged.  But I have a good reason!  I swear it!  It's called the Colorado Trail race, 470 miles of unsupported racing on the Colorado Trail from Denver to Durango.  Lots of high altitude trail, lots of rocks, lots of suffering - perfect for residents of the Gunnison Valley.  Seven brave souls from the valley undertook the venture - Jarral Ryter, Becky Sears, Ethan Passant, Jefe B., Chris Miller, me (Eszter) and another from CeeBee who's name I'm completely forgetting right now.

It was an epic adventure written up in several places, so instead of re-writing the stories here, I'll direct you to our own words.

Jarral - Finished 4th in 5 days and 5 hours.
Chris - Finished in 5 days 18 hours
Eszter - Finished just behind Jarral in 5 days 5.5 hours

It was an epic adventure for all those who even started.  There really is no race quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment