Cycling and Skiing News and Stories from the Gunnison Valley

Cycling and skiing news and stories from the Gunnison Valley

Thursday, October 20, 2011

WSC Cycling and Gunni High School Team Ride

I like to wonder what would have happened if my high school had a mountain bike team.  Would I have joined?  Would I have started racing half a decade earlier?  Would I have mad skills?  What if I had a college aged mentor showing that racing could continue in college?  What if I had role models to look up to like that at the beginning of my riding?

The college team and the high school team combined forces this past Wednesday for some riding action at Hartmans.  The adventuring started with a relay race up the road and down Collarbone with each high schooler paired with an older, but still just as young at heart, college rider.  Racing continued with the Slow Race where everyone got to see which riders (and coach) spent far too much time trackstanding at traffic lights in their past.  Skills were learned.

Then we split into two groups.  The boys took a trip down V-Drop and the ladies took a trip down the Notch.  The stoke level was high all around.  If I have anything to do with it, we'll be doing this again.  The community of mountain bikers here in the valley continues to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment