Cycling and Skiing News and Stories from the Gunnison Valley

Cycling and skiing news and stories from the Gunnison Valley

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trails Update - June 8th

After a weekend of stellar weather, trails are starting to melt.  Keep in mind, these are purely my own observations and what I gather from talking to people, so I'm sure that other stuff is dry, I just don't know about it.

Roads
Slate - Dry to within a mile of Pittsburg
Gothic - Plowed to Judd Falls/Copper Creek parking lot
Cement Creek - Dry until at least the Deadmans trailhead and most likely farther.  I just ran out of time.
Kebler - I have no clue

Trails
Caves - Dry and beautiful
Warm Springs - Dry and beautiful
Tonys/Upper/Upper upper/Whetstone - Good to go
403/401 - Covered in snow
Strand - About to go check it out, I'll update when I get back.

Snow
Prior to this weekend, it was prime corn harvesting season and with the roads drying out, car access to many of the bigger peaks is opening up for the sled-less. 
Mineral Point and Augusta - taken very late May

No comments:

Post a Comment